Saturday, March 6, 2010

Who is NORCAL MOM?

Thank you so much for viewing my blog. I feel like every blog must have a background story so here is mine...

I am known by many as a friend, but known by a select few as a daughter, wife, sister and most recently a MOM!! I am the proud mother of a beautiful baby girl, born September 25th, 2008. She and I had an "exciting" start as I was diagnosed with HELLP syndrome at 31 weeks and she was delivered 2 days later via emergency c-section as my condition quickly worsened. She was born small (4 pounds) but luckily very healthy and just needed time to grow. I recovered in the hospital for 8 days and she was in the NICU for almost one month before we could go home. But, once that was all behind us we had nothing but a "normal" beginning. Today, she is almost completely caught up in size and weight and just started walking at 17 months, so we are on a roll now!

My husband and I met in College and have been married for almost 5 yrs. We live on our family's Organic Dairy in Sonoma County producing quality milk for Clover Stornetta. My husband manages the Organic business and loves his work, making living on a dairy worth it for me!! His family has been in this business for many generations; I on the other hand, have only known this life for the 8 years I have known my husband. It’s taken me, a girl from sunny San Diego, awhile to get used to the idea. But this life we lead is unique in every way and now having a daughter to enjoy these unique experiences with makes living here even BETTER!!!

As for my occupation, well that has recently changed, allowing me to have more time to spend with my special girl. I was in wine and pharmaceutical sales for 8 years, but now I am trying out the role of a SAHM (that’s short for stay at home mom, just learned this!) I am learning all kinds of new things actually. I have learned that you get less done in your day as a SAHM and you often wear nothing but workout clothes (or PJs) and wash your hair 3 times a week. Oh and I have also learned that the monetary pay of a SAHM is not very good, but the emotional pay is AMAZING, I have never felt so full-filled doing less, and I say less” compared to my old standards, because now I am on Baby G time, and being on her schedule is so much more rewarding.

This Blog is to honor this special time I now have with G. I now have time to do all things I wanted to do when I was working full time. I noticed that when I stopped working and was looking for fun activities for us to go do, there was not one location for kid friendly activities in the Bay Area. I also wanted to know more about the experiences people had while visiting these places so I knew what to expect when we visited. So NORCAL Day Trips for Moms seemed like a good fit for the Blog World. I hope that we can provide Moms with a useful resource page full of helpful suggestions so that you can plan a successful day trip with your children fast and easily!!

I hope you enjoy our adventures throughout the Bay Area!

1 comment:

  1. Food for thought, just wanted to reach out to you. My name is Morgan and my family has taken over Adobe pumpkin patch, now knows as Punky's Adobe Farm located on the corner of Adobe Rd and E. Washinton St in Petaluma, CA. We offer 30 acres of fun including our 6.5 acre corn maze, kids cowboy maze, hay maze, hay pyramid, 4 acres of pumpkins, pick your own potatoes, certified organic squash barn including decorative and eatables, haunted house, jumpies, hay/tractor rides, other free activities, and to many other weekend activities to list including food vendors. We hope to open the last weekend in September and will be in full swing by October first, please take the time to come visit us, you won't be let down. Punky's Adobe Farm has brought the farm to town!
    With any further questions please feel free to email us at punkysadobefarm@gmail.com or vist our web page www.punkysadobefarm.com or give us a call (707)579-8474.

    Thank you,
    The Gutzman family.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for NORCAL Day Trips.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.